Delaware County Probate Lawyers
When a loved one passes away, the courts specify a process that must be followed before inheritance can be distributed to heirs. This process is known as probate or estate administration. If you have been named the executor or administrator of a loved one’s estate, it would be wise to hire an experienced probate attorney to guide you through the process and ensure that all requirements and procedural issues are followed according to Pennsylvania law.
Our probate law attorneys are here to help you ensure the estate is administered properly and make sure your loved one’s wishes are followed.
We assist administrators or executors through the entire probate or estate administration process:
- Official appointment of executor/administrator
- Opening the estate and transferring all assets into the estate (estate inventory)
- Completing all notification requirements
- Validating the will and resolving all will contest
- Notifying creditors and paying valid debts
- Filing and paying estate taxes
- Asset distribution to named beneficiaries
- Final accounting and closing the estate
Even if the decedent had gone through specific procedures to enable loved ones to avoid probate, typically, some assets may still need to be transferred through the probate process. This is especially common if a trust was not properly funded or if the decedent died before assets could be transferred into the trust.
Our attorneys do everything possible to make the probate process as seamless as possible for our clients. We strive to get the estate administered efficiently and effectively. Contact our Delaware County lawyers for skilled legal help with probate in Pennsylvania.