The winter time is here and slip and fall accidents and car and bus accidents seem to rise during this time. In the case of slip and fall accidents, when is the property owner responsible for your injuries? An experienced attorney can help you with getting compensated for your injuries. Some of the questions that an attorney will find out would be:
- Who owned the property?
- Was the area properly maintained?
- Who was responsible for clearing snow and/or ice?
- When did the snow stop falling? This can make a huge difference. Everything from weather reports to witness testimony and camera footage can assist in answering this question.
- Was the area well lit?
- Was there another area that the injured party could have traversed, to reach his or her destination?
- What type of shoes was the injured party wearing?
The bottom line is that property owners, generally, have a duty to keep their property safe. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident it is important that you contact an attorney who has the experience to help. Call Giribaldi & Manaras and get the help you need.